This article by Exquisite Furs provides extraordinary detail regarding how to care for cashmere and wool garments with specific steps which should be taken to protect these fabrics from being damaged. More specifically, you will understand the dos and don’ts for delicate garment cleaning. Wool and cashmere garments can be very costly and the way they are washed, dried, and stored will correspond with their condition. Follow these in-depth steps to keep your cashmere like new.
Why Choose Cashmere or Wool?
In this blog, we will teach you how to clean your delicate garments. We discuss how to care for cashmere with love to keep your cashmere and wool garments looking like new. What is so attractive about cashmere? It’s the beauty, it’s the comfort, it’s the warmth, which makes you feel how you feel when you are wearing it. The first step is to purchase a beautiful cashmere sweater and it just so happens, Exquisite Furs has a variety of beautiful cashmere sweaters for you – long and short; casual and elegant. We have a style for everyone.
Now that you have a cashmere sweater, now you will need to care for it with Loving Care. Proper cleaning of your Sweaters and scarves will prolong their life. You cannot put them in the washing machine and/or dryer with your other clothes or you will have baby size sweaters. Cashmere needs special care in cleaning so it will not shrink. Click here for more on that.
Care For Your Cashmere and Wool Garments with Love
Caring for your your cashmere is equally as important as owning it. Without the the proper attention, you can ruin a cashmere sweater if it is not washed, dried or stored properly. Luckily for you, Exquisite Furs is here to share some insights to help you care for your wool, cashmere sweaters and scarves.
We don’t recommend hanging your cashmere, since pure cashmere sweaters and accessories have the tendency to grow and lose shape when left to hang. They may be stored in a breathable bag with a cedar ball or block to prevent moths from eating holes in the cloth. Be cautious when keeping cashmere and wool garments in tight areas with no room to breathe. You may use breathable plastic bags or dust mite pillow protectors to store your cashmere items.
Recommended Care For Cashmere and Wool
- Hand Wash or Dry Clean only
- Wash in lukewarm water less than 30* C or 85* F with mild soap.
- Turn the garment inside out in order to avoid Pilling or Surface friction
- Be sure to Wash different colors separately so you can prevent staining.
- In order to Wash gently – squeeze mild soapy water through the material to clean.
- Rinse with clear water – may use a small amount of fabric softener in rinse water to soften material.
- Roll in a towel and squeeze gently or use only the low spin cycle on the washing machine to remove excess water so you do not damage the fabric. Do not wring or twist.
- Reshape and lay flat to dry. Never dry with a dryer because that usually doesn’t end well.
- If wrinkles are present after item is dry, use steam about 0.5 inches away from fabric to remove wrinkles. Do not iron ON the fabric. May tumble in a dryer on Air Fluff or Extra Low to remove wrinkles if needed.